Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I believe hell is lined with treadmills set at 7.0 mph....

Okay, so I TRY to workout on a semi-regular basis but just don't seem to be getting anywhere so I have decided to attempt to train to run a 5K. Note that I absolutely despise running and believe it is truly Satan's chore! I found a training routine online called Couch to 5K in 10 weeks and will update you on how well it works. It seems pretty simple, but we will see. Now I realize some people can just jump up and run a mile even if they haven't worked out in year.....yeah....I'm not one of those people. Literally, I have to build up to be able to even run a quarter of a mile. It's that bad. This plan begins with walking for 30 minutes a day for the first week....so this is a good start for me. I can handle that! I did my 30 min walk 3 times a week last week. Yay me! This week....the running starts. I'm avoiding the treadmill because I had built myself to run a mile on the treadmill then tried to run on the street and it was a no go. Apparently it is waaaayyyy easier on a treadmill so I don't want to get spoiled. I'm going to tough it out and do this baby on the road. Week two you walk for 27 min and run for 3 minutes (not necessarily consecutively) three times a week. Last night I walked a while....ran for 2 minutes...walked one minute ran one minute then finished out my walking minutes. Yay me! I did my three minutes. Is this sad or what? How am I ever going to be able to run a 5k by Thanksgiving? Ugh! Oh well....10 weeks and I am going to give it my best shot! I will be doing my 27 walk/3 min run again tomorrow. Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment